Creamy Skyr Mac & Cheese
February 1, 2023 • 0 comments
Revamp your old Mac and cheese recipe by adding Skyr yogurt! It's super creamy and cheesy, making it perfect for kiddos & adults!
- (1 box) Elbow Macaroni
- (2 Tbsp.) Flour
- (1/2 tsp.) Onion Powder
- (1/4 tsp.) Salt
- (1/4 tsp.) Garlic Powder
- (1/4 tsp.) Pepper
- (1 cup) Painterland Sisters Plain Skyr yogurt
- (1 cup) Milk
- (2 cups) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- (2 Tbsp.) (Topping) Grated Parmesan Cheese
- (1/2 cup) (Topping) Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- (1/2 tsp.) (Topping) Garlic Salt
- (1/4 tsp.) (Topping) Pepper
- (1/2 sleeve) (Topping) Crushed Ritz Crackers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease an 8x8” baking dish set aside.
- Cook the pasta.
- Drain and rinse pasta with cold water, transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Measure out dry ingredients (flour, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper) into a small bowl. Set aside.
- Add butter to a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat until melted.
- Once butter is melted, add dry ingredients and whisk until combined.
- Cook on medium-high heat for 30 seconds or until it forms a paste-like consistency and becomes light brown.
- Add milk and whisk until ingredients are combined.
- Add Skyr yogurt and whisk until combined.
- Cook the mixture over medium-high heat until it begins to thicken (but does not boil).
- Once the mixture is thick, turn heat to low and add 2 cups of cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Add cheese sauce to the cooked and drained pasta and stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl, combine the toppings.
- Sprinkle topping over pasta.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese on the top is melted and slightly browned.